
"But some of us awake in the night with strange phantasms of enchanted hills and gardens, of fountains that sing in the sun, of golden cliffs overhanging murmuring seas, of plains that stretch down to sleeping cities of bronze and stone, and of shadowy companies of heroes that ride caparisoned white horses along the edges of thick forests; and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy."Why is it that even though I'm surrounded by hundreds of people, I still feel so alone? As I watch the crowds ebb and flow, watch them come and go, I just feel like I'm a tiny speck of sand on a beach. I'm just one insignificant being in the grand scheme of things and it's not a really nice feeling to have. I used to feel important, like I meant something to someone at least, but these days I feel more like a burden instead of a joy to have and hold.
- H.P. Lovecraft, Celephaïs
There are 4 billion people in the world. Can someone please explain why despite so, I still feel so very alone? Yet at the same time, there's another person's heart beating in sync with mine, sharing the same connection. I've known you for about 3 years now and we've been more than friends for 2 and a half years. I don't know how you do it but when I'm around you, I never feel alone, I never feel unwanted nor unneeded. I can just go to you for anything and know that you'll be there to wrap your arms around me and wipe the tears from my eyes. I need you in the way people need the bones in their body; for support and protection.
There are times when we disagree, there are times when we don't see eye to eye on things. Yet throughout this time spent together, you've never given up on me even when I was at my lowest points or burst my happy bubbles when I was being silly. I still don't really know what you see in me, but thank you for everything, my love. I'm glad that we met each other and always tried to work things out instead of running away at the first sight of problems. I've said it once and I'll say it again; you're the one and only for me.
I love you and I always will.
No comments:
Post a Comment